Healthspring is a pioneer in the integrated primary care model and has developed a chain of neighbourhood clinics that deliver world-class tech-enabled high quality care and operates a network of 25 clinics across Mumbai & Pune. The firm also provides pan-India Corporate and Occupational health solutions to leading companies and has 90 such centres across the country which includes Factories, Mines and their townships along with Off-Shore and In-shore Drilling Platforms. Healthspring has provided comprehensive primary care (family medicine) to more than 8 lakhs.
In the Pursuit of Serving the Client better
Healthspring has built a brand by meeting unmet needs in the consumer space – from safe, modern and world-class facilities, to providing all required consumer primary care needs under one roof including, doctor consultations, pathology, dental, diet, physiotherapy, home care, pharmacy & emergency services ensuring a high level of customer service and receiving customer feedback based on Net Promoter Score, a key metric in all decisions. Healthspring follows P4 medicine- Predictive, Preventive, Participatory and Personalized Care, which has been recognized world over as the best way to drive better health outcomes. Most importantly, Healthspring has built trust with consumers by staying true to its values and creating an ethical, honest system (no referral fees, full-time doctors dedicated to personalised patient care).
Healthspring has won numerous national and international awards including the prestigious Healthcare Business International award and Frost & Sullivan award. Healthspring was founded with a vision of transforming India’s health delivery system where it matters most – at the entry level of care, or “Primary Care”. Primary Care encompasses a very large area in pre-hospital healthcare delivery, ranging from care at home to responding to day-to-day health care needs, acute and chronic illnesses as well as emergency medical situations. Primary care has the potential to significantly improve health outcomes by keeping people healthier and out of the hospital, and reducing unnecessary testing and hospitalizations.
The Experts in the Field
Prof. Dr. Gautam Sen
Prof. Dr. Gautam Sen is the Chairman & Founder of Healthspring. He grew up in a small sub-divisional
town in Maharashtra, where his father was a legendary surgeon. He studied in Marathi medium, until doing his MBBS and MS in Mumbai, at Grant Medical. He holds a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS), Edinburgh, one of the most prestigious postgraduate medical colleges in the world, and is one of the very few people globally to hold an honorary FRCS from the Royal College of Surgeons, Glasgow.
Very well-known for his practice as a general surgeon, Professor Sen is also a renowned Professor of Surgery– he was the Honorary Head of the Department, Grant Medical College, and continues to be an Emeritus Professor of Surgery at Grant Medical College. He is a Postgraduate Teacher and Examiner for the Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh, an Examiner for Tribhuvan Medical College, Nepal, Postgraduate Teacher and Examiner for the National Board of Examination in General Surgery.
Besides his medical practice and teaching, he has also been a pioneer and path-breaker in shaping positive developments.
- In the 1980s, he founded the Association for Trauma Care of India, which brought the concept of Golden Hour to India, and India’s first wireless-enabled ambulance service.
- He was the Founding Secretary and Chairman, Indian Chapter of the Royal College of Surgeons, and under his aegis the FRCS examinations were held in India for the first time.
- He is Chairman, College of Surgeons of India, and Director, Surgical Education for the Association of Surgeons of India.
He is also passionate about reforming medical practice and education in India, and besides the positions
above, has the honour to be:
- Member, first Board of Governors of the Medical Council of India (2010-2011), appointed by the President of India to bring the MCI back on its feet as it recovered from a corruption scandal.
- Member, National Health Systems Resource Centre, the technical arm of the National Health Mission.
- Honorary Advisor to the Government of Maharashtra, Accident and Emergency Services.
- Various advisory positions to state and national governments and the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, and the key architect in major reforms in medical education.
He has received numerous awards, including:
- Department of Health and Human Services, US Government for his contribution to the development of Accident and Emergency services in India.
- “Outstanding contribution to Surgical Education and Training in India” from the Royal College of Surgeons.
- College Overseas Millennium Gold medal from the Royal College of Surgeons
- The Sir Pehin Aziz College Gold Medal, Royal College of Surgeons
- Honorary Member, Society of Surgeons, Nepal, and award from the President of Nepal
- Honorary Fellowship from the Royal College of Surgeons, Glasgow
Mr. Kaushik Sen
Mr. Kaushik Sen is the CEO & Co-founder of Healthspring, Family Health Experts. He started Healthspring in 2010 along with Dr. Gautam Sen. Kaushik previously worked with management consulting firm Bain & Co. in Boston, Singapore and Delhi for over 11 years. At Bain, Kaushik worked extensively in Healthcare (Hospitals, pharma and medical devices) and Private Equity. When Bain opened an India office in 2005, he was an instrumental member in establishing the office. In 2009, he left Bain to start Healthspring. Kaushik has a B.A. (Economics and Mathematics) from Colby College, and an MBA from the Harvard Business School. He is passionate about reforming the healthcare system in India, and providing consumers with a high quality service and ethical option. Kaushik is a Salzburg Global Fellow and was selected by the Economic Times as one of India’s top 40 Young Business Leaders in 2017. He plays a key role in various industry bodies in Healthcare and Health Insurance, and has been a featured speaker in International and national conferences.
Awards and Recognitions
Healthspring has received several National & International Awards & Recognitions since its inception such as:
- Healthspring has been regularly invited by World Innovation Summit on Health (WISH) as a model of Robust Primary Care and Accountable Care at Primary Care level.
- World famous Brooking Institution, USA wrote a Case Study on Healthspring which was presented at WISH 2017.
- Tata Institute of Social Service (TISS), India presented a case study in 2018 for its Annual Conference on Health, jointly with National Health System Resource Centre of GOI.
- “Best Building of a Brand”, HBI 2017 Business Model Innovation Awards in association with KPMG in London.
- Frost and Sullivan Award as “Best Emerging Primary Care in South east Asia” in 2018.
- NABL Accreditation & International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation to Healthspring lab, within one year of its inception.
The Best Service provider in the Healthcare Industry
Healthspring has established many “firsts” in the healthcare delivery in our country. Some of the firsts include:
- Group Practice Concept: Established the country’s first group practice at the Primary care level. We provide not only full time GP services, but also a team of equally important health care professionals such as Physiotherapists, Dieticians, Medical Technicians and administrative support and management and a strong IT System for Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
- HS EMS Service: A doctor led, first of its kind System Driven Emergency Medical Response System (EMS), available 24 hours 365 Days for the community where we have set up our centres. The team closely monitors every development and is with the patient throughout even in the event that hospitalization may be required. Out of 1000+ Emergency calls attended so far, only 20% had to be hospitalised.
- Family Medicine: A Team Approach by Caregivers: We provide all essential facilities as primary care givers under one roof, with an aim to bring back the family doctor concept. Our Centres have the following facilities under one roof: General Physician, Dental services, Mental Health, Pathology, Physiotherapy, Dietician, Pharmacy, Radiology, Home Care, and Emergency.
- Electronic Medical Record: Our electronic medical record system enables our members to see their reports anytime, anywhere. Our patient management system ensures continuity of care by making patient reports available to our doctor’s real time. The system doesn’t compromise patient confidentiality.
- Road map to Good Health: A proprietary, IT enabled Health analysis report which compiles patient’s history, Lab results and creates risk profile based on International standards and evidence based medicine. This road map provides personalised, targeted and achievable goals and summarises onward management.