The journey for the Vitala Group of Companies started in 1983 as the brainchild of Dr. Wolfgang Vierich, the Founder & Group Chairman. He is equipped with years of experience from his successful career since the year 1967. In his German air force military career in the USA he passed out as the highest ranked “Foreign Outgoing Officer” of any US Military Academy, USA.
He was legal and economic advisor to six Heads of State, and he led economic nationalization programmes in Tanzania, Iran, Jordan, and Qatar during the 1970s – 1980s. He was also Regional General Manager of the UK Inchcape Group’s Middle East operations, and Holiday Inn International Hotels’ Director of Projects Europe, Middle East, and Africa.
A graduate from two West German Hotel Management Schools, his educational curriculum was complemented at Cornell University, Ithaca, New York, and the University of Austin, Texas, majoring in International Trade Law and Contract Law, obtaining his JD and Ph.D., followed by studies in International Project Management at the European Centre of Management in Brussels, and in Executive Management at Cornell University, Ithaca, New York. Afterwards, he obtained an MBA from the University of Munich, Germany.
Dr. Vierich also lectures, speaks, and has published worldwide on subjects covering Law, Management and global tourism industry trends, and project finance. He has worked and consulted on numerous Government programmes and campaigns in Japan and the USA. He was chosen by President Reagan as the Chair of the Commission on the American Outdoors. He was also Chair of the State of Florida Crime Prevention Program and, as a result, he was appointed as a Distinguished Visitor of the City of Miami.
For his global achievements in the international tourism industry, he was Knighted by the German Government in 2010.
He has been honoured as “CEO of the Year 2021” by CEO Today Magazine, and his Vitala Group of Companies was appointed as the “Most Outstanding Leisure & Tourism Group 2021 UK”
He is a:
- IH Institute of Hospitality
- IM Institute of Management
- CIM Chartered Institute of Marketing
- TS Tourism Society, UK
- Bournemouth University, UK, (1990-96)
- WWA World Waterpark Association
- RoSPA Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (1988-2004)
- IAAPA International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions
- MCB Editorial Board, Contemporary Journal of Hospitality Management, MCB University Press
- JWA Honorary Member, Japan Waterpark Association
- ALAPA Founder & Honorary Member, Asociación Latino Americana de Parques Acuáticos
- LATAG Latin American Trade Advisory Group, (1992-1998)
- TEA Themed Entertainment Association, USA
- ULI International Council, Urban Land Institute, USA
- IALEI International Association for the Leisure & Entertainment Industry, USA
- Editorial Board, Aquatics International, USA,
- World Safety Council, USA, (1993-95)
- Russian Association of Joint Ventures, International Consortia & Organisations, (1986-90)
- ALES Associate Member, Association of Leisure & Equipment Suppliers, UK
- IRETO Board of Experts
KNIGHTHOOD: Knight of Gastronomy, Germany
LIFE MEMBER: WLRA World Leisure & Recreation Association
CHAIRMAN: World Waterpark Association International Advisory Board (1988-2000)
GUARDIAN: Hospitality Action Benevolent Association, UK
COUNCIL MEMBER: The Gerson Lehrman Group
- International Advisor, Asociación Latino Americana de Parques Acuáticos (ALAPA) 1982
- UK Department of Trade & Industry “Opportunity Japan” Campaign, (1990- 1994)
- AIIS, American International Immigration Services
- International Advisor, Russian Association of Amusement Parks & Attractions, (RAAPA)
- US President Reagan’s Commission to Report on the American Outdoors (1986-87)
- Florida State Government’s Tourist Crime Prevention Program, (1992-1995)
The VITALA Group of Companies
The VITALA Group of Companies is now operating in its 38th year and has been active in over 153 countries since its inception.
The Group is best known as global Project Finance providers, developers, managers, and consultants to the leisure, tourism, and themed entertainment industry. It provides additional related services for many other industries.
They also specialise in global project financing and the formation of financing syndicates covering start-up and ongoing projects, the provision of Private Placement Memorandum and related documentation for project verification, as well as Merger and Acquisition services.
The Group’s commercial activities cover investment, consultancy, and management services for all types of industries worldwide.
INTERNATIONAL PROJECT FINANCE SERVICES OFFERED:
- Equity / debt funding
- Project start-ups
- Project loans
- Project Management
- Private placement memorandum
- Feasibility study assignments
- Loan syndication
- Operational audits
- Project acquisitions
- Project mergers
- Project buy-outs/ buy-ins
There are no up-front fees or any other hidden fees for Project Financing. The company only charges a success fee.
“Since 1983, The Vitala Group has been raising project finance. We receive numerous applications for all types of project financing and, as we do not act as finance brokers, we recommend the most appropriate source for a project’s evaluation. Project financing is based on the merits and risk aspects of the project rather than on security and corporate considerations. With global development projects completed in over 153 countries since 1983, we specialise in financing projects from inception right through to operation. This includes project finance, acquisitions, mergers, buy-outs, and joint ventures”, Dr Vierich further shared.
Favourite Book : “The Long Walk to Freedom” by Nelson Mandela.
Challenges on the Way & Plans for Reaching the Next Milestones
The demand for international project finance over US$ 10.0 million per project was steady in 2020 and the Covid-19 pandemic had no measurable effect on that. Dr Wolf Vierich commenced real estate project finance in the Republic of Korea, Kazakhstan, the United Arab Emirates, Turkey, Kyrgyzstan, and Mongolia. All the 10
global offices functioned throughout the Covid-19 crisis, because of the vast number of ongoing international
projects we deal with. There have been project delays caused by the various restrictions and quarantine measures imposed globally. This has affected mainly operators but not developers since, in most cases, project development requires some years to complete.
“The provision of competent and ethical management is as important to us as our responsibility to achieve
financial profit targets for our shareholders and investors. We must operate profitably to meet our ongoing obligations to employees and sponsors alike. To hire, train and motivate the best employees available in the market; to promote them first before engaging outside personnel; to treat staff respectfully and award them fairly and develop our personnel to act as good citizens of the community – remains our constant mission. Preferably to deal with projects which will positively impact communities, with real measurable results. We
seek to advance those who endeavour to contribute to our business and society, regardless of their background, origin, religion, race, political beliefs, or aspirations. To provide excellence and to succeed through satisfied customers and clients is to meet our highest goal”, said Dr Vierich while talking about his