Leveraging communications technology and cloud-based infrastructure to enhance SMB workforce productivity
Incorporated in 2011, Unified Office, an innovative and leading-edge managed services provider is the brainchild of Ray Pasquale, CEO & Founder. The firm provides reliable, hybrid cloud-based business communications services, Internet of Things (IoT) services and real-time data analytics.
Unified Office helps Small and Medium-sized Businesses (SMB) adapt to an always-changing consumer and business marketplace.
THE MAN BEHIND UNIFIED OFFICE AND ITS JOURNEY
Since its inception, Ray Pasquale has been leading Unified Office on a robust growth path, scaling the business, and forging alliances. Ray’s deep domain expertise and rich experience is rooted in serving some of the telecom industry’s giants including Cascade Communications, Ascend Communications, Lucent Technologies and Sonus Networks.
THE ROLLER COASTER RIDE
Ray Pasquale started Unified Office because he saw that companies were becoming increasingly virtualized.
Geographic distance had to become irrelevant. The only way to accomplish this was to first make Voice over the Internet (VoIP) work reliably without the need for expensive legacy techniques like T1 phone circuits. Once this was achieved it was time to make their VoIP service go to work for small and medium-sized businesses.
Many VoIP/UC companies came into being in the early 2000s largely by disrupting the pricing of the legacy
PBX phone market while offering little to no innovation. This came primarily from centralizing a PBX in the
cloud that would handle hundreds of subscribers independent of location via a VoIP desk phone. Because the
Internet was not built for real-time applications like voice communications, there was an inherent lack of quality and reliability – and a missed, garbled or dropped call is a missed business opportunity.
Unified Office transformed this market much in the same way Steve Jobs transformed the music player market
back in 2001 with the introduction of the iPod and later the iPhone.
Unified Office’s unique architecture is the result of the team’s collective 150 years of experience in both the
telecommunications service provider and large enterprise data networking industries. Their executive team has designed protocols, built scalable products, and integrated, deployed, and supported carrier-grade equipment in many of the largest converged networks around the world.
EMERGING AS A DIFFERENTIATOR
Here are the key points that make Unified Office stand out:
- Unified Office offers the highest quality, most reliable VoIP service on the market.
- It is the only company that can provide high quality, reliable VoIP service without the need for expensive legacy T1 or MPLS circuits.
- No other company offers the range of customized features and vertical market applications that Unified Office does.
- Unified Office ensures that no business is lost due to a loss of phone calls, particularly at peak call times.
- Their highly customizable and configurable services are based on open source systems that constantly evolve. As a result, their services will never be obsolete.
- The team focuses on developing pragmatic solutions and products that will positively impact their customer’s operations and more importantly their top and bottom lines. They help them adapt and change at the speed of the market.
- They help improve operational excellence through Real-Time Data Analytics, IoT and Artificial Intelligence (AI) products and services.
- Unified Office offers all of this within the context of a managed service that allows their customers to focus on running their businesses.
- Unified Office is renowned for offering the highest level of business continuity and reliability, avoiding downtime and resultant revenue losses by implementing multiple levels of network resilience for their customers. Their patented High Quality Rounting Protocol HQRP provides rapid problem isolation, repair and dynamic rerouting to create an always available communications network. Techniques include LTE broadband backup and PSTN failover.
SPEARHEADING CUTTING-EDGE SOLUTIONS
Unified Office’s business communications suite of offerings includes:
- Total Connect NowSM , (TCNSM ) business quality VoIP and UC services, built for companies who can’t afford to miss calls.
- Visual Performance SuiteTM advanced business analytics.
- TCNOPSTM (Total Connect Now Operations Performance SuiteTM ), an IoT service layer designed to help improve operations and performance levels, for example monitoring and reporting on refrigeration equipment for restaurant customers.
- TCNIQTM , an AI solution that enables users to detect customer sentiment in recorded calls, a big time saver over having to listen to each call one by one.
- Virtual Communications ConsoleTM , a virtual operator console that integrates with practice management software and other vertical market CRM solutions.
- Visual Call Flow BuilderTM , a simple, visual graphical user interface that enables customers and resellers with the capability to build, design and manage their own call flows.
- TCNOMSTM (Total Connect Now Operations Management SuiteTM ) an easy to use portal enabling customers to manage and configure their services themselves anywhere they happen to be.
HURDLES ALONG THE WAY
“We have faced all of the challenges that confront any rapidly growing company. Dealing with the COVID-19
pandemic highlighted the strengths of our platform. For example, we were able to help our customers quickly
transition to a remote working environment and also developed a contactless pickup and delivery service
product for our restaurant customers,” said Ray Pasquale.
MAJOR CHALLENGES, AND OPPORTUNITIES
We live in a real-time, hyper-connected, push-button world today, which is evident in the ubiquitous adoption of smart phones, on demand taxi and rideshare services, near real-time product delivery and ever-increasing broadband speeds. People expect an immediate response when shopping for things thanks to companies like Amazon, for example. Unified Office came into being to help businesses adapt to an ever-changing market.
There has been a lot of talk in the marketplace about digital transformation. According to Unified Office Founder and CEO, Ray Pasquale, “It is only through industry specific innovation, customization and market differentiation that you can help your customers achieve the best top and bottom-line results. Yes, digital
transformation is important, but it must achieve meaningful results for people or else it doesn’t matter.”
THE DRIVING FORCE
Unified Office’s core mission is to help businesses of all types monetize their communications services and
solve problems that are unique to them. In this way they help companies adapt to an always changing consumer and business marketplace. They do this first by being relentless innovators providing their customers with reliable, high quality voice communications. They then make VoIP go to work for their customers by developing simple, elegant, easy-to-use value-added services and products that improve the effectiveness of their business operations and respond to the needs of their customers at the speed of the market.
“ Quality, dependability, innovation, and support are core to our values.”- Ray Pasquale
MOTIVATING CREATIVITY AND INNOVATION IN THE WORKSPACE
Ray Pasquale shared, “We pride ourselves in providing a safe and nourishing work environment that values and welcomes open communication and close collaboration across teams, encourages employees to think outside of the box, fosters creativity and new ideas, and empowers our employees to make their own decisions. We strive to appreciate our employees’ uniqueness, diversity and individual skills and to encourage personal growth.”
BUILDING LONG TERM CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIPS
The Unified Office team creates long-term customer relationships by delivering on what they promise and by
providing products that are meaningful to their customers, while also giving them the very best customer service. They go above and beyond by proactively watching over them twenty-four hours a day seven days a
AWARDS & ACHIEVEMENTS
Unified Office has received two patents for its Highest Quality Routing Protocol™ (HQRP™) transmission
network. The HQRP™ network platform introduces an entirely new way of transmitting highly reliable, high
quality, real-time business class voice communications over broadband networks that is radically different from any other offerings on the marketplace.
Moreover, the company has been honoured with numerous awards for innovation from Light Reading, TMCnet, Computer Reseller News, ChannelVision Magazine, the NH Business Review, Compass Intelligence,
MD Tech Review, Insight Success, Silicon 70, and CEO Views, among others.
Looking ahead, Unified Office will continue to evolve and transform the communications marketplace and to
help businesses of all types adapt to the speed of market changes that occur at a pace that is historically unprecedented. There has never been a better time for a company like Unified Office.