Founded in 2014 in Campinas, State of Sao Paulo, during the wave of foreign investments in Brazil leveraged by the 2014 World Cup and the 2016 Olympic Games, both hosted in Brazil, Quagliato Advogados, from the beginning, had an international vocation focused on serving foreign companies interested in doing business in Brazil.
The firm provides comprehensive legal support for foreign companies in multiple sectors, from before the moment of incorporation (with strategic guidance on the place of incorporation, corporate structure, possible associations with local companies, etc.) until the company is fully operational in Brazilian territory.
The firm provides full legal service in the most diverse and varied areas of law, having as fundamental principles:
- The resolution of legal issues in Brazil in a highly specialized way;
- Understanding customers’ core business in order to serve them in a customized way; and
- Knowledge of the laws and regulations of the countries where the customers are based in order to guide them in a precise, clear, and transparent way, considering the similarities and differences of the legislations of the countries involved.
Quagliato Advogados recently received two awards from the business news platform “The New World Report”: “Leading International Law Firm LATAM” (2020); and “Best International Commercial Law Firm LATAM” (2021), which was a recognition of its great international vocation.
Currently, the firm serves companies based in more than 10 different countries, located on 3 continents (America, Europe and Asia).
About the Founding Partner – Pedro Quagliato
- Enrolled in the Sao Paulo State Bar Association (OAB/SP) and Rio de Janeiro State Bar Association (OAB/RJ).
- 15 years acting as senior legal executive for multinational companies such as Whirlpool, John Deere, TeleTech Holdings and PPG Industries.
- Led strategic projects such as the implementation of a Whirlpool’s plant in Mexico (Monterrey), the installation of a Whirlpool’s business unit in Russia (Moscow) and the construction of a resin plant for PPG in Brazil (Campinas).
- Strong experience in Corporate Governance (Anti-Trust, Anti-Money Laundering and Anti-Corruption Laws).
- Master in International Commercial Law (LL.M.) – University of California, Davis.
- Specialization Degree in Consumer Laws – Pontifícia Universidade Católica de Sao Paulo.
- International Executive MBA in Economy and Corporate Law – Getulio Vargas Foundation.
- Post MBA in Enterprise Intelligence at Getulio Vargas Foundation.
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) – Universidade Paulista de Campinas.
- Fluent in English, Portuguese and Spanish.