One of the prominent tech companies, IoTian Technologies has brought some remarkable innovations in the industry. With the initiation of its journey back in 2016, the company has been enhancing the efficiency of traffic operation with a broader picture of making cities future-ready under the leadership of Atulya Joshi, Founder and CEO.
Headquartered in Bangalore, IoTian Technologies focuses on Media, Urban mobility, Industrial and Smart City, which makes them a perfect partner for various businesses across verticals.
MORE ABOUT THE VISIONARY
An intuitive and thought leader, Atulya Joshi is the founder of IoTian. He holds over 24+ years of expertise in various aspects of embedded development, such as chipsets, platform software, middleware, device drivers, and frameworks. Atulya has acquired a rich treasure of Technical & Sales expertise, which he has put to good use in IoTian Technologies. He is also associated with industry associations – NASSCOM, TiE, IESA, FICCI, CII and JETRO, he is also part of various startup groups in India. Atulya has established connections with many leads in India, Japan, Germany and in the US.
JOURNEY FROM INITIATION TO PRESENT-DAY
Atulya started IoTian Technologies with a vision to Make in India happen with a technical edge. Facilitator and builder of technology management and product development teams, he is a specialist with both start-up and scaled growth areas. Proven networking skills, building fruitful partnerships with a number of clients from Japan, the US and India while delivering business with bottom-line growth.
Atulya has been able to grow IoTian Tech single-handedly from a 5 member group to a double-digit team. Atulya’s team comprises a dedicated team with deep domain knowledge, industry expertise, skilled personnel and support from its partners. The team primarily works on the AI domain, Machine learning, Computer Vision, Internet of Things (IoT) and Embedded Solutions.
Focused on achieving high levels of customer satisfaction, in the last couple of years, the team has been working on an ambitious growth plan adopting newer technologies on its journey. The team now has customers in India, Japan and in the US.
JEWELS IN THE CROWN
- On the awards and achievements front, IoTian Technologies has won the following awards, and still counting:
- “Top 5 High Potential Product” – Jury Choice Award at NASSCOM Product Conclave Award 2017, Bangalore
- The Nokia Best Innovation Award, 2016, NASSCOM CoE-IoT award for the top 25 startups, India.
- IoTian Technologies’ Chief of R&D & founder of wireless controls platform – Mr Sudhir Brahma has won the “Thought leadership award” at the 2016 IOT-India Congress, and Best Innovation Award at the 2016 Nokia Technology Day.
STRATEGIES YOU’VE IMPLEMENTED AT OTHER COMPANIES
Mr Atulya shared, “At, STMicroelectronics in 2004, I had hired best in class engineers to drive the Symbian and Linux Smartphone development. Linux became Android and many engineers went on to become subject matter experts and excelled in life.”
“Similarly, in Accenture, in 2012 I took a decision to move to the India Business group and worked in the sales team. The knowledge I gained there has helped me in building this startup, “IoTian Technologies”, he further added.
With the emergence of advanced data analytics and development of wireless networking technologies and reduction in the cost of connected devices, IoTian Technologies focuses on connecting embedded devices efficiently and reliably from low-end to high-end systems while perfectly supporting the infrastructure needs.
Trailblazing on this front, IoTian Tech has devised a robust embedded device – Video Monitoring System. The device is a Wi-Fi-based video Monitoring System, which leverages best-in-standard IoT capabilities and AI, thereby delivering real-time video analytics for complete transparency and informed decision making.
IoTian has the best-in-standard AI-based Image/Video processing algorithms with complete customization based on requirements .
Proving its worth in many of the smart city projects, IoTian has been improving the efficiency of traffic operation with an aim to make cities future-ready. IoTian provides an efficient, reliable and self-adaptive traffic control system with AI algorithms for effectively managing traffic congestion.
Computer Vision is another area where IoTian is focussed and is designing a platform to serve its customers for India and overseas.
PREPARATION FOR MAJOR INNOVATIONS
“One good part is we foresee the changes and start to adapt it very early. One example is while developing our “Smart Video” IoT product and it’s showcasing to our clients we saw about the need for Video Analytics growing in 2017. We quickly changed our strategy and added engineering team for Video Analytics & Computer Vision. This change has brought us a tremendous lead over our competition and Revenue, asserted Atulya Joshi.
MAJOR THREATS & OPPORTUNITIES IN IOT
Though the benefits of IoT combined with AI and ML will outweigh the threats against the opportunities, a major challenge that IoTian Tech foresee is selecting, customizing and implementing new technologies.
As security continues to be a major concern today, IoTian Tech. perfectly befits this situation with its best-in-standard, embedded devices, and AI solutions.
CORPORATE ETHOS FOR EMPLOYEES
Though there are no set ways or one way to achieve a perfect team, here’re a few points that IoTian Technologies firmly believes in:
- Setting a telescopic vision for the team with specific and realistic goals
- For long term benefits, at the start of the year, support the team to reflect/analyse and subsequently plan out corrective measures that are likely to matter. At the regular intervals-every quarter, follow up with a reality check in the true sense.
- Upgrading the skills-set of the team members- interpersonal skills in addition to technical skills, which is the most valuable and important investment for any team.
- Experience with knowledge and new ideas/thoughts go hand-in-hand; as such, create opportunities for better engagement within a team. Create an atmosphere of belongingness through quality conversation or regular activities.
- It is important to willingly grip the moment when action is needed and to say words of encouragement or directness when they are needed.
BUILDING LONG TERM CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIPS
Every IoT implementation by IoTian Tech is distinct in its own way, depending on business requirements, expected outcomes, levels of IoT and data skills, and technology infrastructure maturity. In all cases, however, the team focuses on five essential requirements for ensuring a successful IoT & AI implementation, with minimal cost and minimal delay.