In meditation, the word “Omkar” is considered sacred. Yet if you practice omkar every day, your body will experience many advantages. Reciting the Om Mantra cleanses your surroundings and generates positive energy that improves your mood and relieves stress. By repeating the Om mantra, you can improve your immune system and the ability for self-healing. If you have a robust immune system, you can avoid many illnesses.
It is hard to remain happy in this materialistic environment. Everyone is dealing with depression, anxiety, pressure from job or money issues, etc. One habit to overcome these negative thoughts and emotions and participate in remaining joyful is omkar practicing.
How is omkar chanting pronounced?
Omkar’s pronunciation begins from the chest. Three letters, AUM, combine to form the word, Omkar. AAA, UUU, and MMM all take pronunciation into account. Thus our first sound should be A, followed by a throaty U, then a brainy M. All components of nature have a frequency corresponding to OM, which is 432 Hz.
How do you recite Omkar every day?
- Prepare for omkar recitation by dressing comfortably and loosely.
- Sit in a relaxed position, preferably in the lotus pose (Padmasana) or just in a lap position. Your back should remain straight. If you find sitting uncomfortable, you can also sit on a chair.
- After finishing the setup, gradually start uttering “AUM” as you exhale while closing your eyes and taking a deep breath.
- You won’t be able to feel Omkar’s uplifting energy unless you practice it with absolute concentration so that you perform the chanting exercise several times and feel the effects.
While ensuring you are in rhythm with your breath, continue the aum meditation. Your body and mind will start to progressively relax as you shortly enter a cycle of chanting. You can strengthen your meditation technique and take advantage of all its advantages by concentrating on your inner self during the Om meditation.
Some benefits of Omkar for your mental and physical health :
Because our nerves are spread throughout the body, our brain uses the nervous system to control our body. As we chant the Omkar, the vibrations begin from the chest and end in the brain. The vibration runs from the brain through the nervous system, reaching all our body parts via nerves. The benefits of omkar chanting, which are described below, are why the entire body benefits from doing so:
- It improves our capacity for concentration and memory retrieval and helps to lower the risk of developing brain disorders. The omkar chanting causes vibrations that are good for the brain’s well-being. It assists in enhancing brain performance. Headaches can be cured by doing a focused and deep Omkar chant.
- It helps us remain calm in difficult situations, keeps our brains at rest, and improves our decision-making capacity. It cleanses the mind of negativity. Our entire body is deeply relaxed as a result of it. Everyone can practice daily omkar to break out of a depressive mind. Omkar chanting stimulates our body with positive vibes and energy, which reduces our stress.
- Omkar practice helps manage emotions if someone struggles with an emotional imbalance. You gain mental stability as a result. By practicing Omkar, students can reduce their exam pressure.
- Omkar maintains heart strength. It keeps our heartbeat regular. Omkar’s sound and vibrations permeate the entire body when we practice it. It opens all breathing airways in the lungs, relieves sinus discomfort, and clears the throat and sinuses. Strengthens vocal muscles and enhances thyroid gland function, which is located in the throat. Also, it reinforces our spinal cord.
- Lung respiratory function is improved by consistent omkar practice. It strengthens your immune system. It also promotes better sleep if somebody struggles with insomnia. Our body cleanses and expels toxins through deep breathing as we practice omkar. Chanting the Omkar helps our digestive system.
- Om meditation will assist you in connecting with your actual self and nature if you’re feeling lost.
- Om meditation is incredibly effective at fostering empathy and treating others respectfully and without bias.
Omkar chanting is still being studied by scientists, who are daily learning new advantages. Science has established that practicing Omkar regularly causes physiological excitement, increased reaction time and coordination of the vibrational frequencies i.e.biorhythms, and a more significant response to the sensory transmission.