One of the most fascinating topics out there today is the topic of all things technology. It is a modern era, where everything is related to technology. Learning new information remains a wonderful act but, staying aware and ahead of the technology curve is not easy.
Here, there are some unknown facts about the technical field.
- The first alarm clock was invented for one person and could only go off at 4 am. It was used to when they had to get up and get ready for work. After 60 years, the adjustable alarm clock was created.
- GPS navigators in cars are not a new innovation in technological development. This system was available far back, in 1985. Its name was ETAL Navigator. It used to work by using a computer with a pre-installed dead reckoning program for navigation purposes.
- We all know that the very first mouse was invented by Dough Engelbart. But do you know that first mouse wasn’t made of any plastic or metal of any kind, but, carved out of wood?
- Email was invented earlier than the World Wide Web.
- Hewlett Packard started his business venture from a garage. Besides, many other top-notch digital natives, like Microsoft, Google and Apple had started from the garage.
- In the year 1999, PayPal, with its original business model, was voted as the top ten worst business ideas. In 2015, the company became of a $9.24 billion dollar business.
- Different social media platforms like YouTube, Face book, Gmail, Twitter, Instagram, Dropbox, and Skype are banned in China for public use.
- Every month, approx five million telephone subscribers increase in India. In 2007, the total number of subscribers was approx 250 million.
- com was the first ever domain to be registered 31 years back and it is still in existence today, and 275 million domain names later.
- The electronic machine that is called as a computer today, in the 1950’s it was known as the ‘Electronic Brains’.
- Chicago is the city with the most tech start-ups by women on the global level. It has over 30% present women entrepreneurs in their society.
- Apple was named as the most admired company in the United States in 2008 by Fortune magazine. It was also named as the most admired company in the world in 2008, 2009, and 2010 by the same magazine.
- Apart from its innovation in smart phones, Apple also made one of the first consumer digital cameras. The Apple QuickTake was launched in 1994 but, was discontinued in 1997. The camera features numerous features, it is able shoot and store 32 photos at 320×240 resolutions, eight photos at 640×480 resolution, or a mixture of both sizes.
- It is really surprising but the fact that 92% of the world’s currency is digital and only an estimated 8% of currency globally is physical money. Means, the money you earn, transact with, use to buy goods/services and so on exist only on computers and hard drives.
- Russia built a computer that ran on water in 1936. It was used to solve partial differential equations. If you want to see, you can see a complex system of interconnected tubes filled with water in images of the Lukyanov computer.
- The people who use computer, they blink 7 times a minute, which is less than half the normal rate of 20.
These are few interesting and informative facts that you should know. Hopefully, you would find it helpful.